Patient Coronavirus Update:
The Ohio Department of Health recently confirmed that there is community, person-to-person spread of Coronavirus in Northeast, Ohio. You may see some changes at Lake Counseling Center as we work to help keep our patients and staff safe.
This page will provide you with regularly updated information and reliable resources regarding Coronavirus including symptoms to watch out for and ways to prevent the virus from spreading.
We will update these resources as the situation changes, so please check back regularly for any new information that may be posted.
What are the symptoms of Coronavirus?
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
What should I do if I'm experiencing symptoms?
- Stay home if you are experiencing mild symptoms. The majority of people experiencing coronavirus will have mild symptoms and will not need to see a doctor.
- Call your primary care provider. Your primary care provider will give you more information about when and where to seek in-person care. If you are experiencing symptoms, please do not come into the office unless your medical provider directs you to.
- Call before you come in. If you have an appointment at Lake Counseling Center and you are experiencing symptoms, call before you come into the office to let us know.
- Have any family members or friends experiencing symptoms stay home and do not come to appointments with you.
What can I do to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus?
- Take every day preventative actions to help stop the spread of germs
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Stay home if you have a flu-like illness for at least 24 hours after the fever is gone
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your elbow when you cough and sneeze
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds – the length of time it takes to sing Happy Birthday twice
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub
- Clean frequently touched surfaces
How to recognize symptoms of Coronavirus:
Tips to stop the spread of infection:
Household preparedness checklist:
If you are a patient of Lake Counseling Center and you are experiencing fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please call your therapist before coming into our offices so we can best plan your care.
For all additional questions or concerns regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), check back regularly on this webpage or refer to the Centers for Disease Control , the Ohio Department of Health , or the World Health Organization .